"The Design Based Education method fits within a social-constructivist vision of learning and matches with a number of scholarly substantiated insights into effective learning:
• Learning is a social activity; we construct meaning through interaction;
• Our brain functions better when we activate it as much as possible; when we are actively using it ("learning is a verb");
• Learning is more effective in a situation rich in context, based on a current issue and in line with the learner's phase of development;
• Authentic issues and learning environments encourage transfer (application of what has been learned in a new situation);
• Learning on the basis of inquisitiveness and involvement of the learner in the learning process creates motivation;
• Creativity is fed by divergent thinking."
Design Based Education Project Group